Our Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Skillet Bake is easy, delicious, and doesn’t require a lot of dishes!
It’s one of our favorites!
Start by seasoning the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
Bake the chicken and add the cheese. You can use any cheese for this recipe. I prefer to use cheddar, but it would also be delicious with mozzarella, Colby Jack, or even pepper jack cheese.
Another fast-meal alternative to this recipe is to use pre-cooked and shredded chicken, adding the sauce, and separately steaming the broccoli.
You can then mix it all together, heat it up, sprinkle cheese on, and serve it over rice.
It tastes delicious and the chicken gets a little extra sauce on each bite.
Try our Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Recipe HERE!
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Skillet Bake Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the olive oil in the skillet pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. I usually keep my lid on to trap the heat and keep the chicken moist.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside and keep warm (I cover mine with foil).
- In same pan you used for the chicken, add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly brown and fragrant. Whisk in the cream of chicken soup and Greek yogurt. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn the heat down to low.
- Add chicken and broccoli back into the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and broccoli and cover it with a lid.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice or pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- large pan