I love teriyaki chicken, but I am pretty picky when it comes to store bought teriyaki sauce. It usually tastes so salty to me! I decided to make my own at home and it is my favorite teriyaki sauce yet! This dinner so easy to throw together and tastes amazing!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken breasts in the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn chicken over and bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- basting brush