I have been trying to eat healthier this year, but lunch is always my downfall! I am usually so busy making sure the kids are fed and taken care of that by the time to sit down to eat, I just grab whatever I can find, which usually ends up being something unhealthy.
These sandwiches are SO EASY to make and you could easily prepare the ingredients beforehand so it will be ready whenever you are!
My husband isn’t big into some of the “healthy” meals I make, but he devoured these!
Chicken Vegetable Pita Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced olives
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 Tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 tub Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 12 slices Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
- 6 leaves Green lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine olives, carrots and Italian dressing; set aside.
- Spread a half tablespoon of cream cheese on each half of the sandwich thin.
- Place lettuce, chicken, red pepper and carrot mixture on top of each sandwich thin and serve.