All the sisters have been on a “healthier” kick lately – because battling weight gain during the holidays is always so hard! I’ve been trying to snack on healthier options, and hummus is my absolute go-to! I tried some roasted red pepper hummus at Kristen’s house the other day, and I knew I could make some for a fraction of the price! It was delicious – I used it as a sandwich spread and as a delicious dip! 🙂
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained
- 2 red peppers sliced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- Pour all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches your desired consistency. If you want it thinner, you can reserve the juice from your garbanzo beans and add it to the mixture.
- I topped it with freshly chopped red peppers and served it with pita chips.
- serving bowl