A few months ago my sisters came to Dallas to come visit and for our book signing! We always try and save money when we are together so we decided to make food instead of going out. I made this Slow Cooker Sweet Pork and it was a huge hit! If you are serving a big group this is your recipe! If you have a smaller group you can freeze this meal into serving size portions and have it a few times in the month!
(Recipe from my sweet friend Jeri Lin)
Easy Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Recipe
- 10 pound pork roast
- 2 cups Coca Cola
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounces taco sauce 1 container, (I suggest using mild taco sauce)
- Place your roast in a slow cooker and pour on the Coca Cola. Next dump on your brown sugar followed by your taco sauce.
- Let cook in your slow cooker on low for about 10 hours (be sure to check to see if your roast is frozen - if it is you might need to cook it even longer.)
- When it is finished cooking, take the pork roast out of the slow cooker and shred. Then add back into the juices in the slow cooker.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings. I like black beans, onions, tomatoes, guacamole, and cheese. You could also serve it on lettuce and make a delicious salad.
- Slow Cooker
- Slotted Spoon