As I have mentioned before, I am a sucker for cold cereal.
I would take a bowl of cereal over a stack of pancakes any morning!
(I know, I know . . . I am weird)
So when my kids asked me to buy them a box of Reese’s Puffs cereal at the grocery store, I happily obliged.
However, they don’t share my love of cold cereal and that box sat in my pantry for weeks and week without anyone eating it. I try not to eat too sugary of cereals for breakfast, so even I didn’t eat this cereal (except for an occasional handful when I needed a quick afternoon snack).
After a couple of weeks, I decided that I should just throw them away, but cereal is expensive and I couldn’t bring myself to do it! I was trying to think of what I could make with them and remembered the no-bake cornflake cookies that I shared a while ago . . . I tweaked the recipe using the Reese’s Puffs and these little babies were born! And suddenly my kids couldn’t get enough of these little puffs . . . 🙂
Related Recipe: Try our No Bake Peanut Butter Balls!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff Balls Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 18 ounces creamy peanut butter 1 container
- 6 cups reese's puff cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the whole container of peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add cereal to a large bowl. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over cereal and mix well, making sure to coat all of the puffs.
- Scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls (I used my hands, but you could use a spoon if you wanted to), and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- If using chocolate, put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
- These cookies are delicious when they are still warm and gooey and equally delicious when they have cooled down and set up a little bit.
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- parchment paper
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.