12-Layer Christmas Jello Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces lime Jello 1 box
- 3 ounces lemon Jello 1 box
- 3 ounces orange Jello 1 box
- 3 ounces strawberry Jello 1 box
- 3 ounces raspberry Jello 1 box
- 3 ounces black cherry Jello 1 box
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cool whip 1 tub
- 1 cup water divided
- Take a glass measuring cup and fill it with 1 cup of water. Boil the water in the microwave. After it is done boiling add one box of jello and stir with a fork until dissolved. Layer the jello in order listed in the ingredients starting with the lime.
Pour the jello into 2 bowls with equal amounts in each bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup sour cream to one bowl and mix well. Then add 3 Tablespoons of Cold water to the other bowl and mix well.
- After both are mixed pour the “sour cream mixture” into a 9X13 pan and put in the fridge. Leave the “water mixture” on the counter.
- It usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 45 minutes for the first layer to set up. After it is set slowly spoon the “water mixture” that was on the counter over the cloudy layer in the 9X13 pan. Put it in back in the fridge to set up.
- After that layer is set, begin steps 1 through 5 again with the next color. The refrigeration time between layers is a lot less after the first 2 layers because it is colder.
- Once you have completed all the jello layers and they are all set, spread the cool whip over the top and put in the fridge until ready to serve.This jello can stay in the fridge for a few days, keep covered.
- Glass Measuring Cup
- 9x13" Pan
- glass bowl (2)
16 ounces sour cream
If you like our recipes then you will LOVE our Cookbook!!!
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.