If you haven’t noticed by now, I love a good bar cookie. Not only to eat, but I love making them because you don’t have to put sheet after sheet of cookies in the oven. It’s just a one-and-done deal! This recipe is perfect for feeding the masses but will be completely ready in less than 30 minutes. That’s what I call “WINNING”! :
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and brown sugar together for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the next four ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into an ungreased jelly roll sheet (or large cookie sheet- mine was 15x10x1") and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.