Nothing screams summer like an orange creamsicle. I took that tasty flavor and infused it into a delicious bar that you will want to eat all summer long.
Flaky crust, creamy orange filling and a buttery orange glaze on top. These bars are as easy to make as they are delicious.
They make the perfect summer treat, and taste just like an orange creamsicle. But let’s be honest, these Orange Cream Cheese Bars are delicious all year round, not just during the summer.
If you have a sweet tooth, this is a recipe and dessert I highly recommend trying. They are a crowd favorite, every time.
Also, all the flavor of a creamsicle without the brain freeze or the sensitive teeth biting into it. It doesn’t get much better than this.
add a little glaze:
These bars are delicious as is, but lately, I have been making this little glaze to drizzle over them, and it is absolutely delicious.
It’s incredibly easy to throw together, and you can drizzle or spread it onto the bars, hot or cold.
Here is how you make the simple and delicious glaze recipe:
All you need ingredient wise is:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk or fork, until there are no lumps in the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the bars as desired.
You could also add a little bit of cream cheese if you were wanting it to be more creamy.
It would also be delicious with a pinch of orange zest, or even a small splash of orange juice to give it that extra little citrus flare and flavor.
what is the best way to store these?
These are best when they are cold. We always refrigerate ours, and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.
They usually last nicely for 3-4 days in the fridge. After that, the flaky crust may soften up a bit.
watch how to make another orange cream recipe favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge orange cream fan, but I don’t love biting into frozen or cold things. My problem has been solved with these simple and delicious Orange Creamsicle Cookies. They are so easy to make, and come together in minutes. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more summer desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat Smoothie
- Creamy Blueberry Lemon Popsicles
- Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake
Orange Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 2 8 ounce packets refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 oranges zested and juiced (keep separate)
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoon butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Mix the zest of 1 1/2 oranges and juice from 2 oranges together in a bowl (you'll use the zest from the other 1/2 orange in the topping.)
- Beat in cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar and mix until smooth. Spread mixture over crescent roll dough in the pan.
- Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and layer over the cream cheese mixture, stretching dough to the edges.
- Brush melted butter on top.
- Mix remaining orange zest and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes, refrigerate if desired.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!