We had a lot of Whoppers left over from our sister Stephanie’s wedding. She had a huge candy buffet bar at her reception that turned out so cute. We love Whoppers and wanted to find a great way to use them in a recipe. We came across this Whoppers blondie recipe that you will just love. Bet you can’t eat just one!
Whoppers Blondie Bars Recipe
- 2⅓ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons malted milk powder (optional)
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks) room temperature cut into cubes
- 1¾ cups brown sugar packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whoppers candies coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and malted milk powder together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until completely combined. Scrape down the bowl, add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined. (This can also be beaten by hand if you don't have a stand mixer)
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture one half at a time and beat until combined. Add in the malted milk balls, chocolate chips and nuts and beat until just combined, about 10 seconds. The batter will be very thick.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. (damp fingers may help spread it around)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Let blondies cool for about 20 minutes before cutting and serving. They are delicious served warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking