I’m all about quick and easy dinners – especially with ingredients I already have on hand! I love our black bean and corn chicken, but when dinnertime rolled around, I definitely didn’t have time to let it cook in a slow cooker before serving! I adapted it to fill some enchiladas, threw it in the oven, and it turned out delicious!
Chicken Fiesta Enchilada Recipe
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned corn drained
- 19 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Favorite enchilada toppings (we used olives, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, and tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a half cup of red enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, black beans and corn.
- In each tortilla, spread an even amount of the chicken mixture, along with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Roll up each tortilla and place it seem side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite enchilada toppings.