My favorite restaurant is Noodles & Company.
If I could afford to go there every single day I would! I order the same thing every time I go, and it is their Pesto Cavatappi.
The mushrooms, tomatoes, and delicious sauce can make just about any bad day turn into the best day!
I have been searching for a recipe that tastes remotely close to the real thing, and I think I finally figured it out!
Here is the Six Sisters’ version of Noodles & Co. Pesto Cavatappi.
Noodles and Company Pesto Cavatappi Copycat Recipe
- 15 basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces pasta Cavatappi
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Rinse basil leaves in cold water.
- In a food processor or high-power blender, combine basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, and olive oil. It will create a paste looking sauce (if it is too thick, you can add a little milk to the sauce).
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the box.
- While the noodles are cooking, saute mushrooms with 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- After about 3 minutes, add your sliced cherry tomatoes along with your garlic salt and let them cook together for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After your noodles are done, drain them completely.
- Reduce heat on tomato and mushrooms to low, and add your noodles to the saute pan.
- Stir in noodles, then add pesto sauce to the mixture. Once everything is mixed together, add 1/4 cup of milk to the mixture. You can add more or less depending on how thick you would like your sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Food processor/blender
- sauce pan
- Frying pan
Recipe Adapted from: ourwaytoeat.com