Have you ever tried Disneyland’s Hot Chocolate?
It’s unlike any hot chocolate I have ever had!!
It’s super thick and VERY RICH – but that’s why I love it.
As the holiday season approaches, nothing beats a warm cup of hot cocoa to lift your spirits. And if you’re looking for the best hot chocolate recipe, look no further than this Disneyland hot chocolate recipe! Made with rich milk or dark chocolate and creamy whole milk, it’s the perfect treat for chilly winter nights.
For an extra festive touch, top your hot cocoa with mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, melted candy, crushed candy canes, or even some festive sprinkles! And if you’re feeling really creative, try using a Mickey cookie cutter to make your marshmallows into fun shapes.
Whether you’re enjoying a cup of hot cocoa at home or at a theme park like Disney World, this recipe is sure to become your new favorite way to make homemade hot chocolate. So whip up a batch today and indulge in this delicious treat! This takes a little more work than your typical Swiss Miss, but we promise it’s worth it.
Even though it doesn’t get too cold at the Disneyland Parks in the winter, it’s cold enough that you’ll want a jacket, and some of their AMAZING Hot Chocolate from the Napa Rose Restaurant in the Grand Californian hotel.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
The best toppings:
- crushed candy cane
- crushed oreos
- graham crackers
- whipped cream with cinnamon on top
- chocolate covered orange sticks (SO good when they melt in the hot chocolate)
Watch how to make our other favorite hot chocolate recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We want to show you how to make all our recipes, so you can make them perfectly every time, and so we can answer all your questions.
Watch how to make our Frozen Hot Chocolate, here:
Looking for more hot chocolate recipes?
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- White Hot Chocolate
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Disneyland’s Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups 2% milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cocoa powder*
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk chocolate grated
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- ground cinnamon for topping
- In a medium sauce pan, pour milk and heavy cream. Heat over medium-high heat (be sure to watch it carefully – you don't want it to boil or scald!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar and milk chocolate. Slowly add this dry mixture to the milk mixture until completely combined.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and stir until completely combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and additional chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Bowl
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!