Cherries and chocolate are always a big hit- the best part is when you bite into one and find the cherry surprise! They are a fun (and easy!) treat for Valentine’s Day.
1 1/2 squares of baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries
2 T cherry juice from maraschino cherries
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 t salt
White chocolate for dipping Directions:
Add the flour and salt and mix well. Knead together into a dough.
Pat dough tightly around each cherry, (make sure cherries are VERY dry).
Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Bites Cookies Recipes
- 1½ squares baking chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (10oz) jar maraschino cherries
- 2 Tablespoons cherry juice from maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- white chocolate for dipping
- Melt the squares of baking chocolate and add butter. Mix in powdered sugar, cherry juice, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well. Knead together into a dough.
- Pat dough tightly around each cherry, (make sure cherries are VERY dry).
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until smooth and melted.
- Dip each cookie and allow to dry on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Drizzle melted chocolate chips over the top of each cookie. Store in an air-tight container.