When we were growing up, our sweet mom would spend hours in the kitchen during the holiday season baking yummy cookies and treats for our neighbors and friends.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and the Candy Cane Kiss on top makes it look so fun and festive.
All our neighbors and family members, that she would deliver these two, raved about them, and always asked for the recipe.
They are so easy to make, and are so festive for the holidays.
We also do a family cookie exchange every year, and these cookies, without fail, have made an appearance every year.
You need to try these delicious Candy Cane Kiss Cookies.
looking for a shortcut? try cake mix
Have you ever made cake mix cookies? They are so moist and delicious. They are also extremely easy and inexpensive to make.
If you are looking for a cookie shortcut, I highly recommend using a box cake mix to make your cookies.
If you have never made cake mix cookies before, they are so simple. All you need is eggs and oil, and you are good to go.
For a cake mix cookie recipe, check out our, Cake Mix Christmas Cookie recipe, to get all the details.
what other hershey Kisses could I use in this recipe?
My dad isn’t a very big peppermint fan, so whenever I make a batch of these cookies, I make a few different flavors.
I love making these with the caramel kisses, because they melt perfectly in your mouth and give you that perfect extra sweetness you are looking for, in a cookie.
I have also made this recipe using hugs, and they were delicious as well. They are so tasty and easy to make, I promise that they will taste amazing with ANY Hershey kiss, or even a Rolo.
My dad’s favorite are the Cherry Cordial kisses that come out this time of year. The perfect hint of cherry and chocolate. You will love it.
Watch how to make our four ingredient Andes Mint cookies, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it.
Every year we do a Christmas cookie exchange and these Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies, as well as our Four Ingredient Andes Mint Cookies, always make an appearance.
They are two of our favorite holiday cookies, and they are so simple to make.
Watch how to make our Andes Mint cookies, here:
looking for more christmas cookies? here are a few of our favorite:
- Christmas Santa Cookies
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Peppermint Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
CHOCOLATE CANDY CANE KISS COOKIES RECIPE
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup +2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
- Add to the butter/sugar mixture and combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to avoid cookies from flattening.
- After your dough has chilled, drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set up but the centers are still soft.
- Let the cookies cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Top each cookie with an unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss.
- Allow to cool long enough for the Kisses to harden.
(Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites)
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!