I really do like salmon, but it really sealed the deal as my favorite healthier option for dinner with this recipe! It’s a high quality protein, plus it’s got a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, and it’s chuck full of vitamins. Some people would even go as far as saying it’s among the world’s healthiest foods. Crazy, right?! Some people shy away because of that “fishy smell”, but I promise, if you cook it right, it tastes SO good. The red pepper flakes give this salmon just the right amount of kick, and easily disguise the fishy flavor. 😉
Firecracker Baked Salmon Recipe
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions diced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces salmon filet 4 (4 ounce fillets)
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, brown sugar, ginger, and pepper flakes. Pour the mixture into a large ziploc bag.
- Add the salmon fillets to the bag, zip it up, and then shake it until all the salmon has been covered by the marinade.
- Refrigerate the marinated salmon for at least 45 minutes (I like to do it in the morning and then cook the salmon at night.
- Turn your oven to broil. Remove salmon from marinade, and place on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil, skin side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then continue cooking, checking every minute until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Ziploc Bag
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Sheet