We are still trying to eat healthy at my house. My whole family loves quinoa so I thought I would make it into a casserole.
This casserole has a lot of flavor, and you could easily add more vegetables to make it even better for you. Hope you love it as much as we did.
There wasn’t any leftovers, which really says it was a hit at our house. It’s also a great way to introduce new vegetables to your kids.
You can add any of your favorite vegetables, or ones your kiddos haven’t tried, and they will love it, because you can barely taste them, with this recipe.
what other vegetables could I add to this recipe?
We are starting to be little vegetable lovers over at my house. With all the holiday treats we’ve been eating, it feel so good to get more vegetables in, and take care of our bodies.
They have even started tasting good? I guess I have this recipe, to thank for that.
If you are looking to add more vegetables to this recipe, here are our favorites that we highly recommend:
You could really add any vegetable to this dish, to make it delicious, and kid friendly. You will love how simple this recipe is, and it’s a great one to get the kids involved in, when making it.
could i use rice instead of QUINOA?
You could definitely use rice instead of quinoa. It would taste just as delicious, but we personally recommend using quinoa for the health purposes, and nutrition.
If you do use rice, we recommend cooking it ahead of time, just like the quinoa. You do not want to add uncooked rice to this recipe, or it will be crunchy.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more chicken inspired dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Casserole Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce 1 can
- dash of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 9 x 13 glass pan
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic, mushrooms and green onions. Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and salt & pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cooked quinoa, chicken, red pepper, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese in your 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour your sauce and top and mix carefully until everything is combined.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with additional green onions and cilantro.
- You could definitely use rice instead of quinoa. It would taste just as delicious, but we personally recommend using quinoa for the health purposes, and nutrition.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil