Food is always my most favorite part of vacationing, except I always feel a little sick when eating out all the time. However, I came across the Krusty Burger in Universal Studios, and they had a healthier, less greasy option; The Mother Nature Burger. This black bean burger is filling, yet light, and it hardly tastes like black beans. It is so yummy, and I think I will be making these more often than I make regular burgers.
Copycat Mother Nature Burger from Universal Studios Recipe
This black bean burger is filling, yet light, and it hardly tastes like black beans. It is so yummy, and I think I will be making these more often than I make regular burgers.
- 29 ounces black beans 2 (14.5 ounce) cans
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon onion thinly sliced or chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons guacamole
- 4 lettuce slices
- 4 sweet gerkins pickles
- Drain and rinse the two cans of beans.
- In a bowl, mash the beans slightly but not until smooth; you still want it a little chunky.
- Add the Italian bread crumbs, egg, onion slices, salt and pepper, and cumin until well combined.
- Split the bean mixture into four equal parts and shape them into circular patties.
- Heat stove to medium high heat and pour olive oil into a saucepan.
- Place the bean patty's in the pan and cook until the center is warm, and the edges begin to harden.
- Decorate your burger with tomato, mayo, ketchup, guacamole, and lettuce.
- Pierce a pickle with a toothpick and stick it on top of the burger.
- Serve warm
Calories: 632 kcal · Carbohydrates: 102 g · Protein: 29 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 3 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 42 mg · Sodium: 871 mg · Potassium: 1071 mg · Fiber: 22 g · Sugar: 12 g · Vitamin A: 643 IU · Vitamin C: 8 mg · Calcium: 213 mg · Iron: 8 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- Frying pan
Planning your next getaway? Sign up with Get Away Today for discounts and the best prices you can’t say no to!