Food is always my most favorite part of vacationing, except I always feel a little sick when eating out all the time. However, I came across the Krusty Burger in Universal Studios, and they had a healthier, less greasy option; The Mother Nature Burger. This black bean burger is filling, yet light, and it hardly tastes like black beans. It is so yummy, and I think I will be making these more often than I make regular burgers.
Copycat Mother Nature Burger from Universal Studios Recipe
- 29 ounces black beans 2 (14.5 ounce) cans
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon onion thinly sliced or chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons guacamole
- 4 lettuce slices
- 4 sweet gerkins pickles
- Drain and rinse the two cans of beans.
- In a bowl, mash the beans slightly but not until smooth; you still want it a little chunky.
- Add the Italian bread crumbs, egg, onion slices, salt and pepper, and cumin until well combined.
- Split the bean mixture into four equal parts and shape them into circular patties.
- Heat stove to medium high heat and pour olive oil into a saucepan.
- Place the bean patty's in the pan and cook until the center is warm, and the edges begin to harden.
- Decorate your burger with tomato, mayo, ketchup, guacamole, and lettuce.
- Pierce a pickle with a toothpick and stick it on top of the burger.
- Serve warm
- Mixing Bowl
- Frying pan
Planning your next getaway? Sign up with Get Away Today for discounts and the best prices you can’t say no to!