Could I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
I love using my slow cooker. Especially on those days where I know I won’t be home and my kids will get home late and ask what we are eating for dinner. (Those are the best nights, ya know?)
I always keep ingredients for this recipe on hand. I have never personally made it in the slow cooker, but I am sure it would work great.
If you cook it with thawed chicken in the slow cooker, it will only be about 3-4 hours on low.
If you do frozen chicken, we recommend cooking it on low for about 5 hours.
You could also shred it, and out the chicken back in the slow cooker, to soak up all the extra juices, if it is seeming a little dry.
add more heat:
If you are looking to add more heat to this recipe, you could add a few chopped jalapeños, add red pepper flakes, or add more hot pepper sauce.
We like ours a little more on the mild side, with just a slight hint of heat, but I get some people like to crank the heat up, and dip this chicken in ranch.
watch how to make another delicious chicken dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken is simple, delicious, and full of flavor. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more delicious chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Coca Cola BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Hot and Sweet Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks about 12
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking. Serves 6.
- If you are looking to add more heat to this recipe, you could add a few chopped jalapeños, add red pepper flakes, or add more hot pepper sauce.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!