I am constantly on the search for new breakfast recipes. My husband is a big cereal lover, but after eating it for two meals a day during college (you have to save money somehow, right?!) I just can’t stomach it anymore! I have always bought breakfast quesadillas in the freezer section, but after running out the other day, I realized that I could just as easily make them myself. And freeze them for later, too! They make a great breakfast, brunch or brinner. 😉
Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ white onion diced
- ½ pound sausage
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tortillas medium sized
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage. Add in the pepper and onion until they are tender (5-7 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add in eggs. Stir and scrape the entire mixture until eggs are completely scrambled.
- Place a flour tortilla on heated griddle, sprinkle on 1/3 cup cheese and 1/3 of the egg mixture, with a second tortilla on top. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tortilla is golden brown, turning over halfway through. Repeat two times.
You can also use a quesadilla maker (they're super easy to use and quickly make quesadillas).
- Large Skillet
- Mixing Bowl