My family and I love quinoa. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend it! It is almost like a cross between a noodle and rice. It works perfectly in this Santa Fe Salad! Hope you like it as much as we do!
SANTA FE QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2 ears fresh corn cut off the cob
- 2 Tablespoons red onion (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup quinoa (cooked)
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- In a bowl add your black beans, red pepper, corn, onion, cilantro, and quinoa.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and honey together and toss over bean and corn mixture.
- Refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- When ready to serve, add your tomato and avocado. Gently toss and combine well.