I wanted to share with you what we will be having for breakfast tomorrow morning, which is: Baked Apple Pie French Toast.
Delicious French Toast combined with Apple Pie filling, which is every breakfast-lover and pie-lover’s dream
You could easily prep this the night before and let it sit in your fridge overnight or throw it together in the morning. I have done it both ways and it turns out perfectly no matter which method you choose.
This recipe is thrown together in just minutes and feeds a crowd. If you are planning a big Christmas breakfast, this is one recipe, we highly recommend.
It is simple, inexpensive, and very delicious.
looking to make your own apple pie filling?
I love apple pie filling, whether it is homemade or from a can, I love it. It has the most delicious and sweet fruit taste, complemented by cinnamon.
It is truly irresistible.
If you are looking for a scrumptious and easy homemade apple pie filling, you need to try ours! We like to put it on our Cinnamon Roll Waffles, but it would be just as delicious on french toast.
Find the recipe, here.
related recipe: be sure and try these delicious PUFF PASTRY BAKED CHURROS – also called Cheater Churros! Great for a snack or breakfast.
what should I serve with this french toast?
I love french toast, but I do have a few favorite side dishes, that would taste absolutely amazing with this one.
Here are our personal recommendations:
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins: These are a hit at our house. You can fill them with your favorite toppings, throw them in the oven for a bit, and each one is personalized. They are simple and delicious.
- Sweet Potato Sausage Hash: I love sweet potatoes for breakfast. I like them at all times of day, but they are especially delicious for breakfast. This is one recipe, you are going to die for.
- Aloha Pineapple Smoothie: I am a smoothie lover, and there is no denying that. This smoothie is my personal favorite. It is so sweet and delicious. You will absolutely love it.
- Brown Sugar and Black Pepper Bacon: This recipe is one of a kind, and out of this world good. It is so easy to make, and I have never had bacon that tasted so good.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Roll-Ups
- Gooey Caramel Breakfast Pull-Apart
- Churro Waffles
- Puffy Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
- Homemade Funnel Cake Recipe
Baked Apple Pie French Toast Recipe
- 20 slices French bread 1 inch thick
- 21 ounces Apple Pie Filling 1 can
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup cold butter cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- Arrange 10 slices of bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Spread with pie filling; top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over bread. (If prepping this the night before, cover and refrigerate overnight and remove from fridge about 30 minutes before baking).
- Place brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans and corn syrup. Sprinkle over French toast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Large Mixing Bowl
Source: Taste of Home
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube