I’ve always seen people put oats in their smoothies on Pinterest, and I just never thought I could do it. It seemed gross and weird so I was convinced it didn’t taste good. I couldn’t have been more wrong. You guys…. It tastes AMAZING. I eat this as my dessert. It tastes so good, and keeps me full so much longer. I highly recommend trying this. It makes it a thicker texture like a milkshake, but has such a yummy taste. And I’m usually not an oatmeal person…. So this is saying something.
Related Recipe: This Peach Smoothie Bowl is a great switch for breakfast and you’ll love the fresh peach flavor.
Berries and Oats Green Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie tastes AMAZING. I eat this as my dessert. It tastes so good, and keeps me full so much longer.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use any type of milk, that's just what I used)
- 6 strawberries
- ½ banana peeled
- ½ cup frozen raspberries (you could also use blackberries)
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup oats ( I also like to use the packaged oatmeal from Quaker. My favorite is to add the strawberries and cream packet to this one!)
- In a blender, add the almond milk, strawberries, banana, raspberries, spinach and oats.
- Blend until smooth and there are no chunks.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Calories: 230 kcal · Carbohydrates: 45 g · Protein: 6 g · Fat: 4 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 178 mg · Potassium: 593 mg · Fiber: 10 g · Sugar: 14 g · Vitamin A: 1473 IU · Vitamin C: 67 mg · Calcium: 208 mg · Iron: 2 mg