One of my favorite foods is the 7-layer dip that my Mom used to make. When I came across a 7-layer dessert, I swear my tongue did somersaults! This dip is not only delicious, it isn’t too bad for you either! Another thing I love about this dip is that it can feed a group of people so it is perfect for a BBQ! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Serves: 12 people
7-LAYER DIP DESSERT RECIPE
This dip is not only delicious, it isn’t too bad for you either!
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 (5 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 bananas thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed pretzels (I crushed mine with a food processor)
- 1 cup sliced honey roasted almonds (or any kind of roasted almonds)
- 1 pound strawberries thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- In a smaller bowl whisk 2 cups of milk with the vanilla pudding. In a separate bowl whisk 2 cups of milk with the chocolate pudding. Stick both bowls in the refrigerator and let it set.
- After your pudding is set, add your ingredients in this order in a 9 x 13 inch pan: chocolate pudding on the bottom, then add sliced bananas, crushed pretzels, vanilla pudding, sliced almonds, sliced strawberries and then spread the cool whip over the top. I topped it with more almonds.
- Stick it in the refrigerator and keep cold until you are ready to serve. I served mine with Vanilla Wafers and Graham Crackers.
Want to change it up a bit? Use Graham Crackers instead of pretzels, or add chocolate chips for another layer. Or you can add more fruit such as pineapple or blueberries!
Calories: 322 kcal · Carbohydrates: 49 g · Protein: 9 g · Fat: 11 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 5 mg · Sodium: 377 mg · Potassium: 490 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 31 g · Vitamin A: 223 IU · Vitamin C: 25 mg · Calcium: 183 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Questions & Reviews