I think that I have an addiction to chocolate. Actually, I know I do. I will basically eat it in any form . . . and not a day goes by that I don’t eat it. I don’t feel as guilty eating these banana bites (at least I tell myself that!) because they are a fruit, right?! RIGHT? 🙂 Oh well,
-3 large bananas
-1/2 cup chocolate chips (either semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
-1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, but crunchy would work too! It would just have chunks in it . . . obviously)
-Toppings (optional)- I used crushed peanuts and coconut . . . but anything goes!
- Set out a pan (I used a small cookie sheet) with a piece of wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 6-8 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you’ve “covered” them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Top with toppings (if you want them!). Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
- You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren’t frozen yet — and when they’re frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or in a Tupperware/Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight.
Recipe adapted from (never home)maker.
Be sure to check out our new Six Sisters’ Store where you can find all our favorite kitchen and baking supplies, plus our cookbooks!