My husband LOVES anything that uses a “Funfetti” cake mix and I knew as soon as I saw these that they would quickly become his favorite . . . I was totally right. This is kind of a like a dense cake, which makes it easy to cut up and serve as bars. They are super easy to throw together and taste amazing.
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix (you can also use a yellow cake mix if you don't have Funfetti)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ – ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles (if you use a yellow cake mix, add these in)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for the top
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
- 3-4 drops red food coloring to get desired pink color (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan (either 8x11" or 9x9" pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the milk to the bowl slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes (they will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- just let them sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up).
- To make frosting, combine all frosting ingredients together in a bowl and frost bars when cool (frosting is optional because these taste amazing without frosting, but I am a serious frosting lover, so I added some and loved the way it turned out).
Recipe adapted from girlmeetslife
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!