I absolutely love everything about fall! One of my favorite fall treats are caramel apples, however, I have never successfully made my own. For some reason I can never get the caramel to stick.
Thank goodness that is not the case with these cupcakes! The cake part is loaded with shredded apples, so you get that yummy apple goodness in every bite.
The caramel topping is delicious and you can top each cupcake with your favorite caramel apple toppings (sprinkles, chocolate, crushed peanuts- the sky is the limit!).
Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
The cutest cupcakes with all the delicious flavors of caramel apples.
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Granny Smith Apples peeled and shredded
- 1 ½ cups caramels
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with baking liners (I was able to get 15 cupcakes from this recipe).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Grate your apples to ensure you'll get apple with every bite of caramel. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugars until smooth.
- Whisk in the oil and vanilla. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined; stir in the apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan until almost full. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small, microwavable bowl, combine the caramels and cream. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Dip cupcakes upside down into caramel and let cool. Top with toppings (if desired) and stick a popsicle stick in the center of the cupcake for additional decor (completely optional).
Calories: 303 kcal · Carbohydrates: 46 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 25 mg · Sodium: 204 mg · Potassium: 138 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 33 g · Vitamin A: 77 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 82 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- cupcake tin
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe source: Noble Pig