Our grandma makes the best thumbprint cookies. We shared her recipe a few years ago, and still can’t get enough of it.
Every year around the holidays we love making her thumbprint cookies and sharing them with our neighbors and friends.
This year we decided to put a little twist on her cookies, and these delicious Turtle Cookies were the result.
These are the perfect cookies to share with your family and friends this year, or to keep all to yourself. Trust us, we don’t blame you. They are just that good.
looking for the original thumbprint cookie recipe?
We love thumbprint cookies. They remind us of our childhood, and taste like grandma’s house. If you are looking for a simple and delicious thumbprint cookie recipe, you have to try our grandma’s original.
It is so delicious and is so festive for the holidays. She uses red and green frosting, but she will occasionally put jelly in the middle, instead of frosting.
Click here, to get Grandma’s Thumbprint Cookie recipe.
The best way to seperate an egg yolk from the white:
This can be a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a breeze. Here is how you do it:
Step 1: Crack your egg in the center, while holding the two elongated sides of the egg.
Step 2: Don’t let the egg crack in the bowl, you want to just crack the shell. Then place the cracked egg over one of your clean hands. With the other clean hand, pry open the two egg sides.
Step 3: Catch the egg in your hand, and let the egg whites slip between your fingers, and go into the bowl.
Step 4: Place the egg yolk, in a separate bowl.
This may take a practice egg or two, but once you get a hold of it, it becomes really easy, and quick.
Watch how to make more christmas menu items, perfect for the holidays, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We sure do, and we created it specifically, with you in mind. We want to show you how to make all of our recipes, so they turn out perfectly every time.
We get it, it can be a little intimidating cooking a recipe you have never made before, so that’s exactly why we created our channel.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know even the pickiest of eaters, will love it.
Watch how to make a few of our favorite holiday recipes, here:
looking for more holiday cookies? Here are a few of our favorite:
Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
Christmas Tree Cupcake Topper
Christmas Santa Cookies
Christmas Tree Brownies
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans
- 11 ounces Kraft Caramels 1 bag
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, 2 egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour and salt.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl. Place each dough ball in the egg whites then roll into the chopped nuts.
- Place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and press your thumb deeply into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine caramels and milk.
- Microwave on high in 15 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Spoon caramel into center of each cookie.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on high in 15 second increments, stirring each time.
- Once melted, drizzle over cookies and caramel.
- Once caramel and chocolate have set, serve and enjoy your cookies.
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl (2)
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!