Did you know the original Turtles brand candy has been around since 1918 and the original candy consisted of peanuts, caramel, and chocolate? We turned the delicious Turtle ingredients into a fun muddy buddies treat. This is the perfect summer snack for a day at the pool, park, or even a movie night! Enjoy!
Turtle Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup fudge brownie mix dry
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- Pour chex mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stirring at 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Pour over the dry chex mix and gently stir in until all the chex cereal is covered with chocolate.
- In another bowl combine the brownie mix and powdered sugar, pour over the chocolate covered chex and stir around gently until all covered.
- Transfer the cereal to another bowl, and dispose of any excess brownie mix. (I lifted it by the spoonful with a big slotted spoon) Fold in peanuts and caramel bits.
- Large Mixing Bowl (2)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Slotted Spoon