Usually, I’m not a huge fan of pecans – at all! Then my friend brought me these delicious pecan bars and all of the sudden I was hooked! With a cakey bottom, but a gooey toffee and pecan top, they are a great treat that can feed a crowd.
Toffee Pecan Bars Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix 1 box
- ⅓ cup margarine softened
- 2 eggs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1½ cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, and one of the eggs until it makes a soft dough, then press it into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the second egg, the sweetened condensed milk, and the vanilla until completely combined. Fold in the chopped pecans and the toffee bits. Pour this mixture over the crust in the 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the bars start to turn a golden brown on top.
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Bars
Magic Pumpkin Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars