Nothing screams fall like a side dish of squash (at least that is what our Mom thinks)! This is one squash recipe my whole family will eat. I am sure the brown sugar and butter have a little to do with that, but at least there is some squash in there, too!
Related recipe: squash but hate how long it takes to cook?! Try making in it the Instant Pot with this recipe!
Sweet Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This squash recipe is our favorite and the whole family loves it.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place whole spaghetti squash in a 9 x 13 inch pan and fill halfway with water. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Then remove from oven and the squash will be soft and easy to cut in half.
- Cut in half lenghwise and remove seeds. Then shred the rest of the squash with a fork, and place in a bowl.
- Toss with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Calories: 186 kcal · Carbohydrates: 16 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 14 g · Saturated Fat: 6 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 23 mg · Sodium: 97 mg · Potassium: 170 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 10 g · Vitamin A: 411 IU · Vitamin C: 3 mg · Calcium: 42 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan