Whenever I hear “meatless” I immediately think “not filling,” but that is FAR from the case with these meatless Sweet Potato Taco Bowls.
They’re loaded with protein, fiber, and veggies – and will keep you feeling full all day (or all night) long.
Whether you’re making them for your family (they’re a hit with big kids and little ones alike), or using them to meal prep your lunches all week long, these tasty deconstructed taco bowls are a go-to around here.
Another one of our favorite meatless meals: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
Homemade Taco Seasoning
While you could easily use a packet of seasoning for your potatoes in this recipe, we LOVE to use the homemade taco seasoning from these taco baked fries.
All you need is chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. You could easily double or triple the batch to use for future recipes, too.
How to make sweet potato taco bowls
In a small bowl (these are the same bowl pictured above), mix together taco seasoning ingredients.
With your hands, toss sweet potatoes and olive oil with the seasonings on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and toss again. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
When the potatoes are finished cooking, assemble the bowls (these are our favorite) by placing an even amount of sweet potatoes, beans, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
Serve with your favorite salsa or salad dressing. I love our restaurant style salsa or the delicious (and store bought) dressing we serve with our Shrimp Protein Bowl (if you haven’t tried that one yet, I’d highly recommend it!).
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
What to serve with sweet potato taco bowls
The great thing about these taco bowls is that they can stand alone (without any side dishes!), making them the perfect easy dinner or lunch idea. If you’re looking for something to add to it, we’d recommend our honey lime fruit salad and maybe some delicious Carmelitas for dessert.
More Burrito or Taco Bowl Recipes
If you love these taco bowls, you’ll love these bowls, too!
- Mediterranean Lunch Bowls
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Steak Burrito Bowls
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Family Favorite Taco Salad
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey and Rice Taco Bowls
Sweet Potato Taco Bowls Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Sweet Potatoes chopped and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 16 ounces salad dressing (preferred dressing), 1 bottle, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together taco seasoning ingredients.
- With your hands, toss sweet potatoes and olive oil with the seasonings on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and toss again. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- When the potatoes are finished cooking, assemble the bowls by placing an even amount of sweet potatoes, beans, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro in each bowl.
- Drizzle with favorite salad dressing.
- small bowl
- Baking Sheet