My husband recently told me that his favorite meal growing up was roast beef with mashed potatoes. He also informed me that we seem to eat a lot of chicken! Haha! I decided to earn some brownie points and make some roast beef for dinner. This recipe was so easy that you could make it any night of the week and the veggies make for a wonderful side dish.
Serves: 6 people
Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Vegetables Recipe
This Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Vegetables only takes a few minutes to make but tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen!
- 3 pound beef roast
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- Place roast in a slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle celery, carrots and onions on top of roast.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together beef stock, onion soup mix, and Au Jus mix.
- Pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Calories: 472 kcal · Carbohydrates: 13 g · Protein: 46 g · Fat: 26 g · Saturated Fat: 11 g · Trans Fat: 2 g · Cholesterol: 156 mg · Sodium: 1169 mg · Potassium: 1149 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 6005 IU · Vitamin C: 3 mg · Calcium: 84 mg · Iron: 6 mg
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews