We are in the final phases of planning our annual Build Your Blog Conference that is happening in less than a month, so things are HAIRY around here! We have over 400 bloggers coming to our conference in Salt Lake City and we are busy wrapping up the final details . . . it’s going to be an amazing conference!
However, amid all the chaos of planning a huge conference, dinners have to be quick and simple or they just don’t happen. I have been using my slow cooker almost every night and the less complicated and the fewer ingredients a recipe uses, the more I love it!
My cute mother-in-law shared this recipe with me from a neighborhood cookbook that her friends had put together. The version she gave me was to bake it in the oven, but I didn’t have time to keep basting the chicken, so I thought I would just dump it in my slow cooker- BEST DECISION EVER! I have seen similar recipes floating around, but this version was definitely a hit in our family! I even cut up the leftover chicken the next day and threw it on top of a salad- it was delicious.
So, do yourself a favor and let your slow cooker do all the cooking for you. This dish couldn’t be any easier!
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Recipe
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour bbq sauce and preserves over top.
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the top, add the water and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (a little less if your chicken is not frozen).
- You can serve this over rice if you would like to.
- Slow Cooker
Try our Instant Pot Sticky Chicken Recipe HERE!
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
Looking for other yummy slow cooker dishes?
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
Slow Cooker Bajio Chicken
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.
Questions & Reviews