We are in the final phases of planning our annual Build Your Blog Conference that is happening in less than a month, so things are HAIRY around here! We have over 400 bloggers coming to our conference in Salt Lake City and we are busy wrapping up the final details . . . it’s going to be an amazing conference!
However, amid all the chaos of planning a huge conference, dinners have to be quick and simple or they just don’t happen. I have been using my slow cooker almost every night and the less complicated and the fewer ingredients a recipe uses, the more I love it!
My cute mother-in-law shared this recipe with me from a neighborhood cookbook that her friends had put together. The version she gave me was to bake it in the oven, but I didn’t have time to keep basting the chicken, so I thought I would just dump it in my slow cooker- BEST DECISION EVER! I have seen similar recipes floating around, but this version was definitely a hit in our family! I even cut up the leftover chicken the next day and threw it on top of a salad- it was delicious.
So, do yourself a favor and let your slow cooker do all the cooking for you. This dish couldn’t be any easier!
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Recipe
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour bbq sauce and preserves over top.
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the top, add the water and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (a little less if your chicken is not frozen).
- You can serve this over rice if you would like to.
- Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.