My love affair with my slow cooker continues. I honesty am obsessed with my slow cooker, and I think everyone in my family knows it. It’s just so nice to throw everything together, and then dinner is made hours later, with hardly any work or cook time.
would diet lemon lime soda work?
Diet lemon lime soda would work great for this recipe. I prefer to use the real stuff, but it would still work great.
what is a corn starch replacement?
The best cornstarch replacements would be flour. You will want to be a little more careful with flour, because it lumps a little more. Be sure to whisk it, slowly together, using a little bit of flour at a time.
would this be good on rolls?
You could definitely prepare this, and serve it on sandwiches. However, you may want to use a slotted spoon, or drain it a little, because it is a very juicy chicken dish.
watch how to make another DELICIOUS chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good easy dinner recipe, but this Orange Chicken you can make in the instant pot, takes the cake. Toss it all together, and dinner is ready in just a few quick minutes. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
looking for more slow cooker recipes? these ones are my favorite:
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna
Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs would work great too)
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon lime soda
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Rice or noodles, cooked
- red pepper flakes optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (I used frozen chicken, thawed chicken works great too) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with glaze. Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
- The best cornstarch replacements would be flour. You will want to be a little more careful with flour, because it lumps a little more. Be sure to whisk it, slowly together, using a little bit of flour at a time.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker
Recipe adapted from Slow and Simple
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!