what can i use to thicken the soup?
For this recipe, it’s a little bit thinner of a soup, however, there are a few ways to thicken it up. Here is what we recommend:
- Cream of mushroom soup (I usually just use one can, just to make it a little more creamy).
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (the plain Greek yogurt is a healthier option, but the sour cream has a more creamy texture, that would work better in this stew).
- Corn starch or flour. Both work great as a thickener. You will want to add it slowly, and whisk it steadily, to avoid lumps from forming.
add a little more flavor:
The best way to add a little flavor to soup, is seasonings. We love adding in a little extra taco seasoning, cumin, jalapeño salt, garlic salt, etc. If you have a favorite go to seasoning, I am sure it would taste delicious in this.
My husband like a little kick in his, and sometimes, we cook with jalapeños in the soup. You could also use a beef bullion cube as well.
watch how to make another soup favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge soup fan. It is so easy to throw together, and it tastes absolutely amazing. This Detox Vegetable Soup is full of flavor, as well as veggies. You are going to love it. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more soup recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Slow Cooker Busy Day Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1 onion diced
- 2 russet potatoes cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- 14 ounces beef broth
- Add the stew meat, carrots, onion, potatoes, canned tomatoes, fresh tomato, and garlic in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top then add your beef broth.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Slow Cooker
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!