When we were growing up, our Mom always made muffins. I loved getting home from school with that muffin aroma floating around the house. My daughter just started school so I made sure I had some fresh muffins waiting for her!
If you like pumpkin recipes, then you are going to love these! These muffins taste so good and are on the healthier side. They are made with whole wheat and they still will have your family coming back for more! Hope you like them as much as we did!
Skinny Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (you can use dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, and line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Whisk dry ingredients and spices together in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, oil, milk, egg, and egg white to a medium-size bowl, and mix thoroughly. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix well. Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake about 15 to 18 minutes
- Makes 14 muffins.
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners
- Large Mixing Bowl
Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!
With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can order our book HERE on Amazon!