Any Seinfeld fans out there?
Remember that one episode when Kramer is talking about Junior Mints and he says, “It’s chocolate. It’s peppermint. It’s delicious!”
I feel the same exact way, Kramer! Chocolate and peppermint is a match made in heaven.
This fudge is so easy to whip up and is perfect for any holiday party (or if you are having a chocolate mint craving and need a whole pan for yourself . . .)!
Peppermint Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup peppermint candy canes crushed
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Turn the heat on to medium heat and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Stir quickly for 1 minute or until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared baking pan and let cool for about a minute.
- Top with crushed candy canes, pressing in slightly.
- Place fudge in the fridge and let set for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan; remove foil.