My husband and I love the show Modern Family. We were watching some old episodes recently and they were talking about wedge salads. I asked my husband what a wedge salad was and he didn’t know any more than I did (I’m not much of a salad person. haha!). We decided we better give it a whirl! It was absolutely delicious and so easy to make!
Serves: 4 people
Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
A super fun and easy way to enjoy salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (cut into four wedges)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 12 sliced bacon cooked
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- 1½ cups light mayonnaise
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place each lettuce wedge on a plate.
- Top with grape tomato halves and onion.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon, blue cheese and toasted pecan pieces.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients and drizzle on top of salad.
Calories: 760 kcal · Carbohydrates: 29 g · Protein: 23 g · Fat: 64 g · Saturated Fat: 20 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 77 mg · Sodium: 1686 mg · Potassium: 867 mg · Fiber: 6 g · Sugar: 15 g · Vitamin A: 2037 IU · Vitamin C: 17 mg · Calcium: 527 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Questions & Reviews