It seems like anytime I make dessert, I need enough to feed a crowd and these brownies do just that! They are the perfect combination of chocolate, nuts and marshmallow. It doesn’t get much better than that!
related recipe: if you love these mississippi mud brownies, be sure to try our sheet pan fudgy brownies! they are perfect for a potluck or bbq.
MISSISSIPPI MUD BROWNIES RECIPE
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Mix in salt, cocoa and flour until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle marshmallows on top in an even layer. Return to the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in milk and cocoa powder and mix for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread immediately over brownies and sprinkle on pecans and mini chocolate chips.