These candy corn cake bars are loaded with 3 delicious layers of goodness! Not all of our kids like to eat pie for Thanksgiving, so these cute bars are sure to be a hit! They have a cake bottom, marshmallow center and loaded with a nutty and chewy peanut butter rice krispie layer! Top them off with cute candy corns and you have a mouthwatering dessert bar!
Candy Corn Cake Bars Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix, I used Pillsbury
- ½ cup butter softened (do not melt)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
Chewy Top Flavor
- ⅓ cup +2 Tablespoons Light Corn syrup
- ¼ cup +1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup +1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¾ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts lightly salted
- 1½ cups candy corn divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine yellow cake mix and softened butter. Beat on low speed until well blended and then add egg. Continue beating until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and edges are just barely browned. Remove from oven and spread mini marshmallows over the hot layer. Return to the oven for 3 minutes so marshmallows are all puffed up. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- After the bars are completely cooled, make the top layer. Combine the corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly about 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in cereal, peanuts and 3/4 cup of the candy corn.
- Drop by spoonfuls all over the marshmallow layer and gently spread around with back of a greased spoon (or fingers sprayed with pam cooking spray) until completely covered.
- Then top with additional candy corns.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan