I love using my Instant Pot for so many things – including Instant Pot recipes for strawberry jam!
My kids love to have this fresh jam spread on their toast in the morning or for their peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Most of the time I even double the recipe because we go through it so fast.
Looking for the perfect bread? Try our recipe that makes 6 Loaves of Homemade Bread in 1 Hour!
This is such a simple Instant Pot idea and it brings back memories of making jam with my mom when I was little. I love having my kids help me make this: one cleans the strawberries and then the other helps juice the orange. Making memories in the kitchen is priceless.
Not to mention that this jam is made without pectin so it is as natural as it gets, well with a little sugar added. 😉
This recipe is SO easy and so fast! The strawberries cook for literally one minute, and if you include the time needed to pressurize and de-pressurize the pot, you’re still looking at under 30 minutes of work for homemade jam! 30 minutes? YES PLEASE!
The second thing I love about this recipe is how simple the ingredient list is. This strawberry jam is made with strawberries, fresh orange juice, and a bit of sugar. It is perfect for a gift for neighbors or just to share with your family!
Instant Pot Strawberry Jam Ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange
The thing I love about this recipe is that it is healthier than most jams! Most jams call for 1-2 cups of sugar per pound of strawberries! This is only 2 Tablespoons! I feel a lot better feeding my kids this because I know exactly what is in it!
Make sure to have these items for this recipe for Instant Pot strawberry jam:
- Instant Pot (THIS one work perfectly)
- Reamer or Juicer
- Potato smasher (like THIS one)
- Airtight container
If you feel like you won’t use all of the jam this recipe makes or are planning to double it, take a look at this article to see different ways to can jam and save it for later!
Related Recipe: This Copycat Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat Bread only requires 5 ingredients and is absolutely delicious!
how to make simple Instant Pot strawberry jam recipe:
Begin by rinsing the strawberries and removing their green tops.
Then slice the strawberries up into little pieces and place them into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
After all of the strawberries are in the Instant Pot, sprinkle the little bit of sugar on top of the strawberries. Let the sugared strawberries sit there for about 10 minutes to allow the sugar to soak in a bit.
The sugar releases the juices from the strawberries that is necessary for the Instant Pot method to work properly, so this step is crucial. Let the strawberries sit for at least 10 minutes! (Don’t worry they will create enough liquid for the Instant Pot to pressurize properly!)
Now, using a reamer or a juicer, juice the orange and then pour the orange juice (should be about 1 oz of fresh orange juice) over top of the strawberries and sugar.
Once all of that is done, place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock the lid into place and be sure to turn the valve to the “SEALING” position.
To start the Instant Pot press the “MANUAL” or “HIGH PRESSURE” button and set the timer for 1 minute.
After the timer runs out, let the Instant Pot naturally release the built-up pressure for another 15 minutes. During this time the Instant Pot will continue to cook the strawberries.
Once 15 minutes is up, turn the valve to the “VENTING” position and remove the lid one all of the pressure has been released.
The strawberries will have cooked down into a thicker looking sauce. Using a potato smasher smash the strawberries until you get your desired jam consistency.
PRO TIP: You can also blend up the strawberries with a hand or stand mixer as well.
That’s it! Now, just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and pull it out when you need a sweet treat or for the next pb & j sandwich!
I know that you probably would not have thought to make strawberry jam in your Instant Pot! Here are a few more recipes you might not have thought were possible: First is our Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole, a little sweet treats with our Instant Pot Churro Bites and Easy Instant Pot Mini Cheesecakes recipes.
I’m telling you, the Instant Pot is an amazing thing! The possibilities of what to make in it are endless.
Things to make in the Instant Pot you might not have thought of:
- HOW TO COOK HARD BOILED EGGS IN THE INSTANT POT (5-5-5 METHOD)
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE FONDUE (MELTED CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING)
- INSTANT POT FUDGY BROWNIES
- INSTANT POT LASAGNA WITH A SPRINGFORM PAN
- INSTANT POT PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE BREAD
How to Make Instant Pot Strawberry Jam Recipe
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange
- Rinse your strawberries and remove the greens. Slice the strawberries in pieces and place them in the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the halved strawberries and allow them to sit for 10 minutes or so. The sugar will release the juices from the strawberries, which is necessary for the Instant Pot method to work. (so don't stress if you think these won't be enough liquid!)
- Use a reamer or juicer to juice the orange, then pour 1 ounce of the fresh orange juice over the strawberries and sugar.
- Lock the lid of your Instant Pot, then select the “Manual” option. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute, then wait 15 minutes after the cooking is done for the pressure to release naturally.
- The strawberries will have cooked down into a thicker type sauce.
- Crush the strawberries with potato smasher or blend them in a blender.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator, and spread it on your sandwich, or just eat it off the spoon!
This jam will thicken up as it cools down. If you prefer thicker jam, you can add a little pit of pectin into the jam after it's done cooking or even a little bit of cornstarch. This recipe made about 10 ounces of jam - I put mine in 3 4-ounce jars not quite filled to the top. The cooking time does not include the time that it takes to come to pressure and the natural release time. It should take about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Instant Pot
- potato masher
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.