Fall equinox doesn’t happen until September 23rd, which is still a couple of weeks away. So, the pumpkin and apple lovers will have to wait for a couple more days before I go to fall-ish on you!
We are big fans of cake mix cookies and one night we were craving a treat, but only had a lemon cake mix available. We threw in some white chocolate chips, drizzled a lemon glaze on top and HOLY SMOKES. They were pretty much amazing. You know they are good when your 4 year old son tells you that you should put them on the blog. 🙂
We love cake mixes! Here are some of our other recipes that use a cake mix:
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Cake Mix Caramel Brownies
- Boston Cream Poke Cake
- Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
- Gooey Butter Cookies
Iced Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces lemon cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice more or less if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix (dry cake mix- don't include ingredients called for on cake mix box), vegetable oil, and eggs. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 6-9 minutes, making sure to not over bake them.
- Remove cookie from oven and place on wire racks to cool. Mix icing together in a small bowl and drizzle over warm cookies (or you can wait until they have cooled down a little bit- whatever you prefer!).
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
And to throw off the seasons even more- I am posting a summer recipe in the fall and then talking about our new Christmas cookbook! Ha ha!
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE!
You can pre-order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $13.59!
This book is due to be released on September 30, so grab this deal while you can (regularly $19.99).
Get the book HERE!
This book is loaded with all of our Christmas favorites- cookies, fudge, dinners, neighbor gifts, decorations, traditions, ideas for service, and of course Christmas morning breakfast. 🙂 We LOVE the holidays and can’t wait to share them with you!
Questions & Reviews