I love cranberry sauce with my Thanksgiving turkey, but sometimes I think the canned version has a little bit of a weird flavor to it from being canned. I decided to try to make my own and it was so fresh and delicious! The orange juice gives it a little bit of a tangy flavor that goes perfectly with turkey.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and orange juice and whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and cook for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to pop.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
This post was included in our 10 of the EASIEST Thanksgiving Side Dishes video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!