My family has pizza at least once a week. It is one thing my whole family can agree on! This pizza is so simple to make and tastes delicious enough to come from a restaurant. Trust me, it is a keeper!
Homemade Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
This pizza is so simple to make and tastes delicious enough to come from a restaurant. Trust me, it is a keeper!
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast or active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tomato diced
- Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour.
- Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass. Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours, or store in the fridge until you need it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll prepared dough into two circles and place on baking pans. Spread 1/4 cup pesto on each pizza (or more, if desired). Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on each pizza and sprinkle on the rest of the toppings. Bake pizzas for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust turns golden brown.
Calories: 853 kcal · Carbohydrates: 16 g · Protein: 54 g · Fat: 65 g · Saturated Fat: 20 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 161 mg · Sodium: 2008 mg · Potassium: 968 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 1525 IU · Vitamin C: 62 mg · Calcium: 600 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza Pan
Questions & Reviews