could i make this recipe with turkey as well?
You could easily make this recipe with turkey.
We often make this after Thanksgiving and use our turkey leftovers for this chowder.
It tastes just as delicious, and works out just as well. You are going to love this simple soup recipe.
does this recipe freeze well?
I am all about freezer meals. I love how easy they are, for those busy nights where you can just pull them out of the freezer, heat them up, and dinner is served.
This is a recipe that definitely freezes well.
Prepare the soup as the recipe directs (cooked an all) and freeze in an airtight container. (We recommend containers, more than ziplock bags, but a ziplock would work as well).
The day before serving, place the frozen container in the fridge, to thaw.
Before dinner, place it in a stock pot, or slow cooker to allow it to heat up.
You could also do this in the microwave, but we prefer using a stock pot.
If you love easy and delicious instant pot soup recipes, be sure to try our delicious Instant pot creamy chicken enchilada soup. It’s absolutely amazing!
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
watch how to make our favorite rolls, that go perfectly with this recipe:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
looking for more healthy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Healthy Fried Zucchini
Healthy Banana Walnut Muffins
Healthy Broccoli Salad
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
Chunky Potato Crab Chowder
Southern Chicken and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 potatoes washed and cubed
- ½ bag baby carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 32 ounces frozen corn
- ½ pkg taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup salsa
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a large, lidded soup pot. Place over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Cover pot with lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove stems, seeds, and membrane from jalapeno pepper. Dice pepper finely and add to other vegetables.
- Cube chicken breasts and potatoes and add to vegetables. Add 1 cup of broth, cover pot with lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Combine milk, the rest of the broth, taco seasoning, and salsa and stir well. Add to chowder.
- Open packages of frozen corn and add to the chowder.
- Sprinkle dried thyme into chowder and stir to combine.
- Cover pot with lid and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- I served mine in bread bowls, but can be served in any bowl.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff onInstagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews