Have you noticed that the days are getting shorter? And all the Back to School sales are in full swing?
I am not sure whether to cry tears of joy that my kids are heading to school in a few short weeks or cry tears of sadness because summer is quickly coming to an end!
To be honest, I am so excited to get back on a schedule again. My kids do much better when they go to bed at an earlier hour and have a more structured routine. However, I love the lazy days and nights of summer and I am going to miss them! Especially when the winters in Utah seem to be never-ending (I am much more of a summer gal than a winter gal!).
So, while I sit here and have an internal battle over being happy or sad, I highly suggest making this salad for dinner. You can use fresh produce from your garden or local farmer’s market to make it even more delicious! Serve it with our Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast for a yummy summer meal.
You are definitely going to want to try our amazing Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches. They are so moist and tasty. A family favorite.
GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- 3 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts grilled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 ounces penne pasta (about 1/2 a box) cooked and cooled
- 4 cups romaine lettuce cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ bottle Caesar salad dressing
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT for the dressing.
- Pour desired amount of dressing on top (we used about half a bottle) and serve immediately (the salad starts to go soggy if you pour the dressing on ahead of time).