We spent a summer living in San Francisco and one of my favorite places to visit was Ghirardelli Square. You can smell the chocolate from a few blocks away. It is a chocolate lovers paradise! My friend gave me this recipe and all my chocolaty, Ghirardelli memories came flowing back!
Serves: 24 people
Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Delectable Chocolate Chip cookies just like you'd find at Ghirardelli Square
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large
- 12 ounces Ghirardelli Square chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Calories: 166 kcal · Carbohydrates: 22 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 8 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 34 mg · Sodium: 226 mg · Potassium: 30 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 12 g · Vitamin A: 256 IU · Calcium: 16 mg · Iron: 1 mg