Low Calorie Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe
These moist and delicious muffins are bursting with chocolate and great for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 1 ¾ cup oats
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup Stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don?t shut oven off), and distribute the other half (1/4 cup) of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.*
- Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional VitaTop Muffin look with the chocolate chips on top!
- Cool muffins before removing from pan.
You can also sub the Stevia for 1 cup of granulated Splenda.
Calories: 59 kcal · Carbohydrates: 8 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 2 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 1 mg · Sodium: 129 mg · Potassium: 104 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 3 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 29 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Muffin Tin