I have been making this for a couple of years now and it is still a family favorite! It is so simple and delicious. Even my little picky eaters will lick their plates clean!
Serves: 8 people
Easy Ricotta Stuffed Shells Recipe
These stuffed shells are so simple and delicious. Even my little picky eaters will lick their plates clean!
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs beaten
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 16 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces pasta sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, cottage cheese, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Stuff cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce, mushrooms and reserved Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells. Then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly.
Freezer Meal Instructions: You can freeze these after assembling them – I like to put them in an aluminum foil pan and then freeze them. Pull them out and cook them from frozen. You might have to add a few minutes to the cooking time to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
Calories: 612 kcal · Carbohydrates: 45 g · Protein: 46 g · Fat: 28 g · Saturated Fat: 16 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 129 mg · Sodium: 2207 mg · Potassium: 734 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 1357 IU · Vitamin C: 8 mg · Calcium: 820 mg · Iron: 3 mg